Just in case, you’ve missed out on this super important Eco-trend, Oshun Organics is here to catch you up to speed, on why you need to love Shampoo (and Conditioner) bars!
1.) SHAMPOO BARS ARE PACKAGE FREE!
These little pucks don’t require any plastic packagings, so they are much better for the environment than their bottled counterparts. Just so you can try to wrap your head around the importance of lessening plastic waste, here’s a few statistics.
- A million plastic bottles are bought around the world every minute and the number is projected to jump another 20% by 2021
- This equates to about 20,000 bottles being bought every second
- More than 480 billion plastic drinking bottles were sold in 2016 across the world, up from about 300 billion a decade ago. If placed end to end, these bottles would extend more than halfway to the sun.
- By 2021 annual plastic bottles sold is projected to increase to 583.3 billion.
- Fewer than half of the bottles bought in 2016 were collected for recycling and just 7% of those collected were turned into new bottles. That means, approximately 93% of the 480 billion plastic water bottles sold in 2016 ended up in landfill or in the ocean.
2.) SHAMPOO BARS ARE VERY CONCENTRATED!
Our Shampoo and Conditioner bars are more concentrated than traditional shampoos and conditioners. There’s very little water used to make them, so you can use less per application and they will last longer.
This is especially true with proper care- Keep them out of standing water.
Depending on your hair type and length, these bars can last you up to 60 washes.
3.) BARS ARE GREAT FOR TRAVEL!
Shampoo bars and conditioner bars are great to travel with as you don't have to worry about any potential for spillage or liquid restrictions. The bars are small and lightweight, and they are TSA approved, which means you don’t have to plan your packing around your hair care products! Best of all, they help prevent using the individual-sized shampoos and conditioners at your hotel, which goes back to point #1 about reducing packaging waste.
We hope this list gives you a good sense of all the benefits that come from switching over to solid shampoo bars and conditioner bars! Have you tried them yet? What are your thoughts?
If you’re ready to make the switch check out our Shampoo Bars here https://www.oshunorganics.com/hair/cleansing-shampoo-bar
Conditioner Bars here https://www.oshunorganics.com/hair/solid-conditioner-bar